A Monday roundup.
Looking through the traffic reports for the blog is always somewhat interesting.
I endeavor to be an equal opportunity offender. What I mean to say is, I think I am most successful if I can generate traffic across a broad spectrum of opinion and views. It won’t feel like I’ve totally arrived until I can get Warren Ellis to resume answering my emails (or at the very least link to me). Even getting Peter David to link here would be something of a victory (at least he does answer emails).
Fortunately people do link here and they get scads more traffic than my lonely corner of the internet could ever hope to generate. Even though I got dropped from Cherry Bomb’s selected set of links, sweet, sweet Alix (of We Could Be Naked) links here.
I even got a nice mention by Elayne in her blog this week for something I wrote, being linked to is an incredible measure of flattery (really!). That two people of disparate outlooks on life would link here is to me something even more of a victory because regardless of our differences we are united in the things we like more.
Some other things which are of note of late:
Vinnie shut down his blog for the summer and while it’s understandable (him wanting to take a break), it’s still disappointing because looking at his work is such a treat.
Mike Wieringo redesigned his website (and I still haven’t made the grade there linkwise).
In the process of redesigning though things have grown more cluttered (although his drawing is still a treat to look at). I don’t know what it is about it but, I liked some of the icons for his old site much better. Perhaps because the iconography for the old site was so uniquely his and didn’t look as generic as the new design does.
I looked again and realized too that it was a couple of things including the type treatment (having the top banner dominate much of the space above the fold). It’s one of those situations where you know criticism isn’t really welcome as much as fawning adoration but, I’ve included a link to show what I’m talking about. If you click through you see how the page comes up on my computer (and I’m using a big monitor) suffice to say it’s just a poor page layout.
(Just one more thing to put me on Mike’s sh*tlist)
Danielle Corsetto is trying to generate enough cash through donations to do Girls Without Slingshots five days a week. I just keep hoping she can find a print outlet for her work which will essentially achieve the same goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment